Monday, November 23, 2015

HADOUKEN!


2) In respect to the Street Fighter reference, I had to name the portrait transformation "Hadouken!".

1) The concept behind my portrait transformation was fantasy in reality. I chose a photo that was taken by my dad's friends where they were taking the infamous image of Ryu's Hadouken from Street Fighter, the video game. The photo was taken on a mountain where one jumped up and seemingly tried to touch his toes, while the other placed is hands together as if making something shoot from his hands.




3) I'm somewhat happy with the results of the portrait transformation. From my perspective it looks good but at the same time it feels as if it was missing a lot in the background, where I might have been able to add more without making it too chaotic.

5) I created several layer masks within my project. They helped shaped the project into what it is now. I took several images that I had on my phone and one from the internet (the space one) and created masks for most of them to hide details that I didn't want. By clicking on the "create layer mask" option at the bottom of my left sided layers bar, I was able to hide pixels of the images that I had taken and included into my project. I mainly used the "magnetic lasso tool" and the "paint bucket" tool to color in the layer mask black to hide the details of each image I didn't want, for example, the entire scenic background of the original image. The finer parts of each image, for example, some awkward parts of the fire, I used the "brush tool" to go over and hide.

3 comments:

  1. I love how original these photos were! They were taken by yourself which is cool. I originally thought that they were from online sources.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the transition from your original photo to your final image. You incorporated the same idea, but it went from being a simple Street Fighter reference in your original to actually looking like if Street Fighter existed in reality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the photos. Especially the one that was from your dad's friend "Hadoken" you because I have seen it in Facebook. Additionally the fact that u used a photo of the a bbq made it interesting due to the move in Street Fighter it has a blue flame

    ReplyDelete